Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jonathan's surgery went well !

We headed for T.C. Thompson's Children's Hospital around noon and we were on time. If you know me that is a big deal, wish I was more often. Then we sat, sat, and sat.....UHG!!!! Jonathan didn't mind he enjoyed watching television. They didn't get him in until 4:00pm for surgery, they were behind. So, this made for a very long day. We didn't make it home until 10 til 10pm last night. We may have made it home a little earlier, but our van seemed to have a mind of it's own. See we live 40 minutes from the hospital and the nearest Krispy Kreme. So, we had to go see if the HOT light was on...YAY, it was! After the purchase 2 dozen hot glazed,1 milk, and 1 traditional donut for Jonathan to eat, we headed to the interstate. Yes, Jonathan ate the whole donut on the way home but drank little of the milk. He slept well and is on lots of medications.This morning he has pointed several times to his mouth to tell us about his throat, but is eating and drinking some. His adenoids had grown back a little and they also repaired another small tear while in there. Jonathan can't use his CPAP for his sleep apnea for the next 3 weeks, the Dr. felt it would be to much pressure. I had hoped he could still wear it, he really just adjusted to it. The EARS well, not sure we will ever get a clear idea of what is to come in the future for his hearing. The new tubes are in, this DR. said he wasn't sure they will stay for long. This has been the problem all along, combine with the fact there is so much fluid/goop. Remember this ENT is the head guru in our area, even Jonathan's ears have stumped him. Before surgery the DR said the tubes he was going to place in would last 3 to 4 years....last night he said he hoped they will last 3 to 6 months...*sigh* He said he normally doesn't see ears with fluid that thick and sap like. In order for him to get it all out he had to use a large suction, that leaves a bigger hole. Which makes it harder for the tube to stay in place, plus after 10 previous set his ears are thin and have lots of scar tissue. Only time will tell, I'm thinking God is trying to make a point here. Being we can't have all the answers, patience, and leave it to Him. Did it really take 11 sets of tubes for me to see this....NO, but I just haven't let it go. Communication has been soooo very important to us, and we wanted it to be verbal...guess not. We'll be diving into MORE sign, in hopes the whole family will learn together. I'm thankful for all your prayers!


The Journey Begins Here said...

All of the little ones now days are learning sign language. It's amazing to see.

When I was a teen I wanted to work with the hearing impared. I don't know what ever happened to that dream. I'll have to explore that one later.

I can honestly say that I have never had a Krispy Kreme! Can you believe it?

I am glad that Jonathan's home and amazed that he ate a donut on the ride home.

Thanks for your comment. I don't really join any of the contests but it was nice to write.

Love you, Theresa

Beth said...

I am so glad it went well. Work has been crazy for me this past week and I didn't get to blog surf as much so I didn't even know he was having the surgery!! I feel awful!

Hope he is recovering well!