Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A weather change

This was yesterday in Grand Forks....

It was so hard to see, and the wind could have carried you away!



This was the weather this morning....BIG change!



Even with the sun shining and the winds calmed down, it's still very cold and icy here. The interstate has reopened and everyone seems to be getting back to business/life....Well, all but the MUNCKS! For us this was another day of wait and see.

At 8:30 AM the repair facility called to let us know the part had arrived, bad weather and all. We then were told it would be ready around 12 noon, also our check out time. 11:30 AM rolls around and we were still waiting. Arthur then learns that it may take until 2 PM to have the RV ready, at which time Arthur calls the RV rental company. They tell Arthur to stay another night at the hotel (thankful we purchased the insurance when renting the RV) knowing that if they finish at 2 PM it would take us until 3PM to pack up and leave the hotel. We needed a few things out of the RV, Arthur took the hotel shuttle down to the repair facility. The service manager told Arthur he would bring him back after closing. While there Arthur spoke to a few of the mechanics and service manager, there was ANOTHER problem! After the new fuel pump being put in this morning they still coundn't get it started. Now what was really the problem...praying the 3rd times the charm. It's NOT the carburetor or the fuel pump, it's the valve spring. Really it just gets better :) The Onan generator company has a policy that if the valve spring breaks then the whole generator motor has to be replaced....REALLY!!!! This was all found around 4:30 PM, and same story they need to order it! Where will the motor come from Memphis, Tennessee...you just have to laugh our home state! The good news is they put an order in for the motor, the bad could be it won't get here tomorrow because it was ordered so late in the day. We'll just wait and see :)

Tomorrow is the day we were to reopen our business, now we have scheduled it for Monday. With all grooming customers rescheduled, boarding dogs canceled for this week end, and daycare dogs will have to wait until Monday to come play with their doggie friends and our kids :) We really miss the customers and their dogs.

Today was a good day for us, hotel and all! Arthur and I were talking this morning about how we have had such a calm/peace through this whole ordeal. We were thinking about how we would have reacted to this situation a few years back, we would have been very stressed. The Lord over the past few years has opened our eyes to the important things. We are all together healthy, happy, and safe. More importantly the Lord is in control, and we leave it all with Him.

Until tomorrow.....

6 comments:

Mrs. Tara said...

WOW is all I know to say. Are you guys playing lot of games? Guessing it is really cold. Glad you guys are safe and warm!

Amy said...

Well you must have need an extra few days together!! Also, maybe this the Lords way of showing you a glimpse in how you have grown in those few years and depend on Him even more. It is always nice to see growth in our walk instead of a staleness!!!

Beth said...

Oh my!! What a trip! Sounds like you guys are making the very best out of it!

Stacey said...

Crazy storm! I hope you make it home soon. My husband and I are planning a trip south at the end of May, and will be heading through Tennessee. What's worth seeing?

Anonymous said...

wow.

Henry and Esther Penner said...

Praying for you,glad you are safe and warm and that you are depending on the Lord to see you through. What a great way to look at the whole ordeal. Once again we were so glad to get to know your family a bit while you were in Canada. Hope we can stay in touch somehow