OK, let's chat....
It's the middle of September, I'm way behind in blogging....
Apparently I'm a blog slacker!!!
Now that we have that simple truth established,
lets get started....
And I'll start with a silly tidbit......
We live in Tennessee and tobacco is one of it's major crops, producing 45 million pounds or so per year. This tobacco field can be seen from one of the roads that we travel daily. The beauty of this field and the others surrounding it captivated me. I watched it as grow from nothing, to a vibrate green, then I watched as summer faded and the color of the tobacco did as well. As we passed by I would catch myself looking at the field and how peaceful it looked. Last week we had the camera in the van, and Arthur stopped so I could take a few pictures...though the pictures didn't really capture it in the same way. A couple of days later when we passed we noticed the fields had been harvested...I was a little disappointed as my daydream field was now gone. Just like the seasons of this field changing, life has a way of doing the same....it's not bad it's just different :-)
To save time I'm going to do a bullet point of happenings....
- This month we will have lived in the country for 1 year, hard to believe!
- School is getting back into full swing
- This summer we have taken several weekend trips...mini-vacations
- We have had several birthday celebrations...that I need to post
- Our farm house restoration/remodel is getting closer to completion
- Susanna had her first birthday in August 7th, she is a mess, a good mess :)
- We are attending a new church, and we're loving it
- Our garden this year turned out good, next year we hope to go bigger
- Amanda and Joe are expecting a baby...we're excited about being grandparents
- Our store was busy this summer, Thank you Lord. It took team work to get it all done from grooming, daycare, and boarding.
- Madison dislocated his shoulder on the slip-n-slide...Ouch!
- The boys went to a Christian Sportsman Rally
There are so many little things in the mix of life also taking place, to many to mention or to bore you with. I'm loving this season we are in, the crazy days and the blah ones.
Seeking to take in all around me, and live life simply~